The management of the Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa (FEDPONAS) has announced the resumption date for the completion of the first semester, 2019/2020 academic session.
The Academic Board at its 455th meeting, has considered and approved the resumption of students and academic activities with effect from Monday, 16th November, 2020.
To this regard, members of staff and students alike MUST comply strictly with the COVID-19 Pandemic guidelines and protocols provided by the Federal Ministry of Education, NBTE, and the NCDC to forestall further spread of the virus towards a safe academic environment. These measures among others include:
- Regular washing of hands and/or use of hand sanitizers at offices, theatres, classrooms, laboratories and other strategic positions;
- Use of face mask/face shield, which is mandatory
- Ensuring social distancing
- Adequate spacing in offices, classrooms, laboratories workshops as well as during meetings:
- To check or submit to body temperature measurement
- To self-isolate when the body temperature is high or manifest with other symptoms
- Any suspected case of the virus should be reported to the Ag Director of Health Services at the Clinic for immediate referral to ne nearest testing and isolation centres.
By this notice, all Deans, HODs, HoUs, Directors, Union Chairmen, Ag.Chief Security Officer, SUG President, among others are hereby requested to ensure that the contents of this circular are brought to the attention of all or strict compliance, please.
Equally, it is imperative to note that the Management has set up Staff and Students Sub-Committees on Observation/1mplementation of COVID-19 protocols on the campus and any defaulter would be held responsible for his/ her negligence.
Note that, defaulters would be sanctioned accordingly in line with the approved penalties for non-compliance of COVID-19 Protocols amongst staff and students on the campus.
Finally, it is the Management Prayers that nobody shall contract to this deadly virus and see an end to its spread.
Please, be warned and comply Accordingly.