Abia State University [ABSU] Ready for Resumption – See Date Here: Abia State University (ABSU) is ready to resume normal Academic Activities, as soon as, approval is given by the relevant Authorities.
The Vice-Chancellor, Abia State University, *Distinguished Professor E. Uche Ikonne*, has disclosed the preparedness of the University to resume normal Academic Activities, as soon as, approval is given by the relevant State and Federal Government Authorities.
In readiness for the Reopening, the University Management is set to obey the directives of Government in Physical facilities, including Hostel accommodation, Lecture theatres; Fumigation of premises; COVID-19 testing facilities; Medical facilities and mechanism for dealing with possible cases of COVID-19 infection and other protective checks, in obedience to the NCDC Protocols, to guarantee the health and safety of Students and Staff of the University.
The Vice-Chancellor who disclosed this while receiving Report of the *Committee on ABSU COVID-19 Reopening*, further disclosed that the Reopening of the University will be in phases, starting with the Final year Students, while all Returning Students would be expected to show evidence of recent valid COVID-19 Test Results, from recognized NCDC Centres in the Country, to be eligible to participate in the forthcoming Examinations.
Other Recommendations of the Committee include:
- That all Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff should be tested to know their COVID-19 status.
- That all Returning Students should come along with at least, a pair of face masks.
- That all Staff, Students and Visitors into the University must wear their face mask.
- That Sick-bay and Isolation centres be provided in the University, to handle Emergency cases, before referral to appropriate Treatment centres.
- That Water and Detergent should be provided on Entry and other Designated places in the University, for regular hand washing.
- That Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) should be provided for the University Health workers.
- That the Department of Pure and Industrial Chemistry should be mobilised to continue to produce ABSU Hand Sanitizers for Staff and Students.
- That adequate sensitization should be done to create the necessary awareness to ensure strict compliance.
- That any suspected case of COVID-19 infection should be reported to the appropriate Health Facility.
The Vice-Chancellor, *Distinguished Professor E. Uche Ikonne*, reassured Staff, Students and Visitors to the University of their safety, while urging all to take Responsibility, to avoid any infection, by Regularly washing of hands, Wearing face masks and Observing Physical distancing.
- Maltina Teacher of the Year Award 2020
- Federal Civil Service Structure and Grade Levels
- Andela Salary Structure And How Much They Pay Staff
- Nigeria Airforce Registration Portal 2020 – www.airforce.mil.ng
- NCEE Common Entrance Examination Timetable for Unity Schools 2020
- Top 10 Insurance Companies in Nigeria – Updated List
- NECO BECE Timetable 2020 for JSS 3 Candidates [Junior WAEC Exam]
- NECO SSCE Timetable for 2020 October/November Exam – OFFICIAL
- Npower August News Update Today 2020 | Daily Stipend & Salary Updates
- ESUT Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Delta State Poly Ozoro (DSPZ) Post UTME Form 2020/2021
- Kogi State Polytechnic Post UTME Form 2020/2021
- How to Upload Credentials on Oyo TESCOM Portal – tescom.jobportal.oyostate.gov.ng