Heineken Design Contest 2020 Participation Guide in Lagos Fashion Week: The Lagos 2020 Fashion week is currently ongoing. Here’s the participation guide for the ongoing Heineken Design Contest 2020 and general requirements on how to apply online.
The Heineken® Design Contest is an initiative symbolizing the future of fashion and sustainability. It is aimed at empowering and encouraging the next generation of African Fashion Designers to explore distinct textile craftsmanship and its use of embroidery, weaving, spinning, customization and other sustainable practices.
One winner will showcase their Heineken® Collection at the prestigious Heineken® Lagos Fashion Week October 2020 Edition while other valid entries (up to 100) will experience Lagos Fashion Week live.
Winners are required to demonstrate how they will incorporate sustainability in their designs. They will be determined by the Heineken Team.
Why Apply for Heineken Design Contest 2020?
- An opportunity to have your full collection showcased at Heineken® Lagos Fashion week in October 2020
- Front-row Lagos Fashion Week tickets and backstage all-access passes.
- Exclusive invitation to Lagos Fashion Week pre-events and after-party.
- Mentorship opportunity for the top 3 participants.
How to Participate in the Heineken Design Contest 2020.
STEP 1 – Share a mood board and 3 sketches that best depicts the theme ‘Africa Shaping Fashions Future’ on Instagram with the official hashtag #HeinekenDesignContest.
STEP 2 – A team of judges would shortlist the most innovative collections via predetermined criteria for the next stage.
STEP 3 – Winners will be contacted via Heineken Instagram handles.
All designs must be original, innovative, and themed around sustainability. Designs must have a link to Heineken® and Africa.
- Start Date – 9th of April, 2020
- End Date – 23rd of April, 2020
Terms and Conditions.
All submissions have to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants upload image(s) on their social media handle with the Hashtag #HeinekenDesignContest on Instagram only
- Applicants are free to create their designs on any medium e.g. digitally, Canvas painting.
Submitted designs must be original, innovative, and themed around sustainability and have a link to both Heineken® and Africa.
- The applicant must be following @heinekenng on Instagram to qualify for the challenge.
Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. All participants must be 18 years or older.
- Each submission must be original, the work of the participant, and must not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other rights of any person or entity.
- Submissions will not be accepted if they contain any matter that, in the sole discretion of Nigerian Breweries Plc “NB” (exclusive licensee of the Heineken brand in Nigeria), is indecent, obscene, defamatory, libelous, in bad taste, or demonstrates a lack of respect for public morals or conduct.
- If NB, or the Judges, in their discretion, find any submission to be unacceptable, then such submission shall be deemed disqualified. For the avoidance of doubt, the decision of NB or the Judges is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation therewith.
- Participants agree to leave any videos/images they reference for this Contest on the internet and available to the public until the end of the Submission Period.
- NB Plc is at liberty to use any Participant’s image, photograph, details, information with respect to the Contest in the marketing or projection of its products, whether or not such Participant emerges as Winner of the Contest.
- By entering this Contest, each of the Participants agrees to the use of the sketches/ drawings prepared by them in connection with the Contest without compensation, for NB’s promotional and marketing purposes.
- It is an express condition of submission and eligibility that each participant warrants and represents that the participant’s submission is solely owned by the participant, that the submission is wholly original with the participant, and that no other party has any ownership rights or ownership interest in the submission.
- Each participant represents and warrants that the participant is the sole author and copyright owner of the submission; that the submission is an original work of the participant and that the participant has acquired sufficient rights to use and to authorize others, that the submission does not infringe upon any copyright or upon any other third party rights of which the participant is aware; and that the submission is free of malware.
- Submission(s) must not claim NB or Heineken® endorsement.
- NB reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
- Neither NB nor it’s respective advertising, media, and PR agencies, nor their trading partners shall be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, damage or costs, howsoever arising, suffered by a Participant to the Contest.
- Any Participant may be required to take part in publicity and participation in the Contest is conditional upon agreement to take part in such publicity. Participants will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for any such publicity or otherwise. All and any materials, including publicity materials, will be the sole property of NB.
- Each Participant by entering into this Contest agrees to indemnify NB, its agents, employees, representatives, associates, affiliates, parent and subsidiary companies against any and all claims, losses, costs, damages, liability, and expenses arising out of the entrant’s breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Failure to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions (including instructions) will disqualify any Participant from taking part in the Contest and the entry will be invalid. NB retains the sole discretion to refuse Participants the right to enter if it feels that these Terms and Conditions are not being complied with or for any valid and justifiable reason.
- NB reserves the right to disqualify any Winner and/or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time in its absolute discretion.
- The laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria shall govern these Terms and Conditions.