The alarming trend of Sexual Harassment in tertiary institutions in Nigeria informs the need to develop Sexual Harassment and other forms of Gender-Based Violence Prohibition Policy in the College. This informs the expediency of the pursuit and execution of this research development for Yaba College of Technology since December 2018.
Before you proceed, check out these opportunities:
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Lafarge Africa Plc National Essay Competition 2020 | Over N3 Million in Cash Prizes
- HackXploit Competition 2020 for Young Nigerian Hackers | N1.75 Million in Prizes
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- MTN mPulse Hackathon 2020 | N1m in Funding Support
- Ibhawoh Foundation Essay Competition 2020 for Undergraduate Students
- FUAM JUPEB Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
This policy has been carefully crafted to meet the peculiarities of an academic environment while taking cognizance of the letter and spirit of the law of the Federal Government in this direction. This policy has been articulated by a research team comprising of Dr Abiodun, Adeleke, Dr Doherty, Funmilayo, and Dr Orimolade, Odun working with the support of the Ford Foundation West Africa.
The College management appreciates the effort of this team and the Bursary desk officer Dada, Olusola in working to put together this policy with the able facilitation of the Consultant on this project, Dr Abiola Akiyode – Afolabi and her team who have displayed admirable commitment and passion towards this project.
The involvement of a broad representation of stakeholders in the College in the research and review phases of the policy has led to the formulation of a policy we can truly call our own.
It is hoped that this policy document will serve as a guide to all staff and students in conforming with positive behavioural expectation. Download the policy document using the following link https://yabatech.edu.ng/doc/sbv.pdf.