UNILORIN Resumption Date for 2nd Semester 2019/2020: The University of Ilorin, UNILORIN resumption date for the continuation of academic activities for the rain (2nd) Semester, 2019/2020 academic session physically on campus. See more details as regards UNILORIN resumption date below.
The management of the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) has released a notice on the phased resumption of physical, academic activities for the continuation of rain semester, 2019/2020 academic session.
In furtherance to the virtual resumption of academic activities at the University of Ilorin on January 11th, 2021 and in compliance with the Federal Government’s directive, the University management has announced a phased reopening of the institution for the formal resumption of academic activities beginning from January 25th, 2021.
Our students and their parents are expected to strictly comply with the phased resumption schedule, as we intend to enforce the timetable as itemised below strictly:
- Phase 1: 25TH JANUARY, 2021
Return of students with outstanding 1st Semester examinations who will return home after their examinations
- Phase 2: 1ST FEBRUARY, 2021
Final Year and Postgraduate students come into campus
- Phase 3: 15TH FEBRUARY, 2021
100 level students come into campus
- Phase 4: 1ST MARCH, 2021
All other students come into campus
- Parents should please note that if any child/ward tests positive to COVID-19, he/she would be sent back home to self-isolate and continue to receive lectures virtually.
- All students will sign an agreement that if anyone tests positive to COVID-19, he/she would be sent back home to self-isolate and continue to receive lectures virtually. In case such students miss any examination, the make-up examination would be arranged for them.
- Virtual lectures that commenced on 11th January 2021 will continue even after physical resumption of classes.
Hygiene and Welfare of Staff and Students
The University management has provided handwashing facilities in all students’ areas, such as Lecture Theatres, Examination Halls and places commonly frequented by staff and students on campus.
Each student should have at least five changeable face masks, and pocket sanitisers, among others.
Enforcement of the No-Squatting policy in the University hostels will be strictly pursued to ensure the physical distancing policy of COVID-19 prevention.
The University management will continue to support the University Health Services to ensure safe handling of emergency cases.
Please, keep safe.
Director of Corporate Affairs
15th January 2021