UI Distance Learning (ODeL) Admission Form 2021/2022: University of Ibadan Distance Learning Centre, UIDLC admission form for the 2021/022 academic session is out. You can now earn the University of Ibadan (UI) Degree through the Open Distance eLearning (ODeL) Mode.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified candidates for admissions into the fifteen (15) National Universities Commission-validated Degree Programmes of the Distance Learning Centre, the University of Ibadan for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
UI Distance Learning (ODeL) Admission Form 2021/2022.
ODeL is the National Universities Commission’s (NUC) approved ICT-enabled curriculum delivery mode, wherein curriculum delivery takes place in a blended 60% online, and 40%-to-face.
The online delivery is anchored on a Specialised Learning Management System, Mobile Class with Course Webinars for learners to study and interact with their E-tutors, course lecturers/facilitators and other students in the world in real-time.
The University of Ibadan has further provided Toll-Free Internet Data on its Learning Portal. Notably, the University has the two modes of educational deliveries: the conventional onsite mode and the Open, Distance and eLearning (ODeL) mode. And both modes are viable alternative for pursing a University of Ibadan degree, hence the entrenchment of the “Parity of Esteem” policy in the University.
The policy stipulates that students on the two modes of study have equal rights and privileges in the University. And are in fact exposed to the same university curriculum and exams by the same course lecturers/facilitators, thereby graduating with the same University of Ibadan degree.
University of Ibadan Distance Learning Available Programmes
Faculty of Arts
- BA (Hons) English
- BA (Hons) Philosophy and Public Affairs
- BA (Hons) History & Diplomatic Studies
- BA (Hons) Communication. & Language Arts
Faculty of the Social Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Economics
- BSc (Hons) Political Science
- BSc (Hons) Sociology
Faculty of Education
- BEd (Hons) Adult Education
- BEd (Hons) Guidance & Counselling
- BEd (Hons) Educational Management
- BSW (Hons) Social Work
- BLIS (Hons) Library and Information Studies
Faculty of Science
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Statistics
Faculty of of Basic Medical Science
- BNSc (HONS) NURSING
UI Open Distance eLearning Admission Eligibility
You are eligible if you have your five O’ Level credits pass in relevant subjects. You are also eligible to apply to Direct Entry or Fast Track if you have relevant qualifications such as A’Level, NCE, OND, HND, Previous Degrees.
All Post UTME candidates who scored 40 and above are eligible to request a change of processing their admission to the university’s Open, Distance and eLearning mode with a processing fee of N3,500 only. Others who did not reach this score are required to make an application processing fee of N10,500 only, service charge may apply.
Fresh applications are also invited from suitably qualified candidates who have five O’ Level credits pass in relevant subjects but did not sit for UTME. They are however required to register on the JAMB platform and continue with their application. All applications and submissions should be made on or before the closing date.
- UI Scholarship for Students Living with Physical Disability
- University of Ibadan Scholarship Award Competition
- UI Teaching and Research Assistantship Award Competition
How to Apply University of Ibadan Distance eLearning Admission Form.
- To request to study at UI through ODeL, enter your JAMB registration number or email address at the banner field (above) on https://modeofstudy.ui.edu.ng/.
- The application processing admission portal will notify you of your eligibility status.
- Click Apply See requirements and select your programme of interest from the available 16 programmes in ODeL mode.
- Provide your name and contacts. Communications by the school to you on your admission shall be through the provided email and telephone number.
- You should therefore ensure that the email and telephone number are yours, valid and accessible.
- You should also ensure your name is correctly supplied.
- Confirm your details, and Continue to Payment. You may pay online on Remita interface, or print your RRR to bank for payment on Remita.
- You may also pay on the RRR through internet banking apps integrated to Remita.
- Your payment would be immediately transmitted to your application portal page; otherwise, click on ReQuerry payment on the payment page to get updated status of your transaction.
- After a successful transaction, update your biodata. Upload your credentials and submit. You will be contacted for your admission status or further actions by the university in the next few days.
NOTICE: It is advisable for prospective candidates to carefully study the admission requirements before making payment for the form, as the application that does not meet the requirements will not be accepted by the admission portal.
The cost of the UI Open and Distance Learning (ODL) admission application form is N10,500 (ten thousand five hundred naira only)