TASUED Postgraduate Form: Tai-Solarin University of Education (TASUED) is inviting applications for its 2024/2025 postgraduate programmes. The university offers full-time and part-time courses with specific requirements for each programme.
Candidates must hold a minimum of five credit passes, including English, and meet other criteria based on the desired course. The application, which costs N15,000, can be completed online, and all Nigerian applicants must possess an NYSC certificate. Applications close on December 30, 2024.
Tai-Solarin University of Education (TASUED), located in Ijagun, Ogun State, is now accepting applications for admission into its postgraduate programmes for the 2024/2025 academic session. This blog post provides detailed information about the available courses, admission requirements, and instructions on how to apply for TASUED postgraduate form.
Before proceeding with the application, it is essential to check the list of TASUED postgraduate courses to determine the programme that aligns with your academic and career goals.
TASUED Postgraduate Admission Admission Requirements
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
All Candidates seeking admission into any of these programmes must possess a minimum of Five (5) credit passes, including English Language (in not more than two (2) sittings) at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WAEC//NECO/SSC/GCE O/L) conducted by recognized examining bodies such as West African Examination Council, National Examination Council, National Business and Technical Education Board, University of London, University of Cambridge etc.
SPECIFIC PROGRAMME REQUIREMENTS:
I. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)Programmes
- Candidates seeking admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programme should possess a minimum of Third Class in the Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of Lower Credit at the Higher National Diploma (HND).
II. Postgraduate Diploma In Education (PGDE) Programme
- University Degree holders OR HND graduates irrespective of their class of DEGREE or DIPLOMA who are currently teaching or intend to take teaching as a profession.
III. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (PGDE) combined with Master in Education (M.Ed)/Arts Education (M.A Ed)/Science Education (M.Sc Ed) Programme
- Holders of Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in the field of study obtained from Tai Solarin University of Education Ijagun or other Universities recognized by the University Senate
- Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s Degrees OR HND with a minimum of Lower Credit who also possess Postgraduate Diploma in their course of study.
IV. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (PGDE) Executive Programme
- Available only at the part time mode of study
- Candidates must possess a minimum of Third Class in the Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of lower Credit at the Higher National Diploma (HND).
V. Master’s Programmes:
- Graduates of Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained the approved Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in the field of study.
- Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s Degrees and Postgraduate Diploma in the same subject.
- Candidates with HND (Minimum of Lower CREDIT) and Postgraduate Diploma in the course applied for.
VI. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Every candidate must have a Masters degree in area of specialization with a minimum CGPA of 4.0. for direct Ph.D. programme.
- Those who have CGPA of 3.50 – 3.99 in their Master’s degree programme can also apply. Such candidates will have to go through conversion process into a full Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates whose cumulative grades are calibrated in percentages, 7-point scale or any other grading system are to note that such grades will be recalibrated on a 5-point scale to determine their status.
Special Course Requirements:
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Management at Master’s / Ph.D. degree level must have credit in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at the WASCE, NECO or GCE Ordinary Level. They must also have a certificate in Education
- Candidates wishing to study Counseling Psychology at Masters/ Ph.D. degree level must have credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at WASCE, NECO or GCE Ordinary Level. They must also have a certificate in Education
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Media and Technology at Master’s / Ph.D. degree level must have credit in English Language and Mathematics at the WASCE, NECO or GCE Ordinary Level. They must also have a certificate in Education.
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Evaluation at Master’s/ Ph.D. degree level must have credit in English Language and Mathematics at the WASCE, NECO or GCE Ordinary Level. First degree in other fields of study apart from Education is accepted.
- Candidates with a Second class lower degree from any of the social sciences, humanities, science and technology disciplines will also be considered for admission into the Master in Library and Information Science (MLIS) programme. A third class degree with a PGD in Library and Information Science, Information Management or Computer Science may be considered for Admission.
- Pass degree with 3 years cognate work experience is acceptable for Postgraduate Diploma in English.
- Candidates wishing to study Business Education at Master’s/ Ph.D. Degree level must have credit pass in English Language, Mathematics and one other relevant subject at WASCE, NECO, NABTEB or GCE O’L .They must also have a certificate in Education. Those with first degrees in other fields of study apart from Education will have to go through Postgraduate Diploma in Business Education (PGDBED)
- Candidates wishing to study Childhood Education at Master’s/ Ph.D. level, must have background in Early Childhood Education or Pre –Primary and Primary Education. Candidates with specialization in any other teaching subject must have a Certificate in Education and a Diploma in Early Childhood Education from any reputable University.
- For Science and other Mathematics related courses, a credit pass in Mathematics at the WAEC, NECO or GCE Ordinary Level is compulsory.
- Nigerian applicants for Postgraduate admissions must possess NYSC Discharge/ Exemption/Exclusion certificate from the NYSC Directorate.
Duration of TASUED Postgraduate Programmes
|Mode of Study
|M.A., M.Sc. M.Ed.M.A.(Ed.)/M.Sc.(Ed.)MLIS
How to Apply for TASUED Postgraduate Admission Form
NOTE: All Nigerian applicants for Postgraduate admissions must possess National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge/ Exemption/Exclusion certificate from the NYSC Directorate.
Candidates should apply online with payment of application fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira(N15,000) payable with Master cards or VISA ATM cards. (Print out your receipt after payment).
The address for application is https://my.tasued.edu.ng/admission and select the appropriate Post-Graduate programme.
Complete the application form online following the step by step process. Upload the following required documents and submit online along with the completed application form:
- WASCE/NECO/NABTEB/SSC/GCE ‘O’ level certificates
- Bachelor’s Degree/ HND certificate and other certificates.
- NYSC Discharge / Exemption/ Exclusion Certificate (for Nigerian Candidates).
- Marriage Certificate or Evidence of Change of Name(s) where applicable.
- Birth Certificate/ Declaration of Age
- Passport photograph
Referees’ Report: Forms are provided online for confidential reports, to be completed by three referees acquainted with the student’s academic work. Candidates are advised to prompt their referees to fill and submit their reports online not later than four weeks after the closing date for submission of forms.
Academic Transcripts: Candidates should request their former institutions to forward the academic transcripts of their relevant degrees or diplomas to the Secretary, The Postgraduate College via firstname.lastname@example.org not later than four weeks after the closing date for submission of forms. (The applicant’s full name, application form number and proposed course of study should appear on every document to be submitted)
Sale and submission of Application forms end on December 30, 2024.
- Only Application forms received with the required documents would be processed.
- Candidates may be required by departments to undergo screening for final admission selection