Federal Unity Colleges New Fee: The Federal Ministry of Education has hiked school fees for new entrants to Federal Unity Colleges to ₦100,000, a notable rise from the previous ₦45,000. Per a Senior Secondary Education Department memo, this adjustment affects nearly all school aspects, such as tuition, boarding, and extra-curricular activities.
The Federal Ministry of Education has made headlines by announcing a substantial hike in the school fees for new entrants into the Federal Government Colleges, commonly known as Federal Unity Colleges. This move, underlined in a recent directive, marks a significant shift in the educational fee structure, potentially impacting thousands of families nationwide.
Details of the New Directive
Issued from the Office of the Director of Senior Secondary Education Department of the Federal Ministry of Education, the directive sports the reference number ADF/120/DSSE/I. Dated 25th May 2023, this crucial communication has been disseminated to the principals of all Federal Unity Colleges across Nigeria.
The directive, bearing the title “Approved fees/charges for Federal Unity Colleges (1st Term) for new students”, has been officiated by the Director of Senior Secondary Education, Hajia Binta Abdulkadir.
Breakdown of the Fee Increase
Previously, new students joining Federal Unity Colleges were required to pay a sum of ₦45,000. However, per the new guidelines, this amount has more than doubled, with the new fee set at ₦100,000.
But what does this fee cover? The directive elucidates that this substantial fee rise will touch nearly every sphere of the student’s school life. This includes:
- Tuition and boarding fees
- Uniform costs
- Charges for textbooks
- The expense for exercise books
- Cost of prospectus
- Caution fee
- ID card issuance
- Fees for participation in clubs, societies, and sports activities
- Extra lessons
- Insurance charges
While underscoring the significant fee hike, the memo clarifies: “Please be informed that the ministry has approved only the under-listed fees for all Unity Colleges.”
For parents and guardians, this update marks a significant turn of events. As they plan their finances to ensure quality education for their children, it remains to be seen how this fee increase will affect the dynamics of admissions into Federal Unity Colleges in the coming academic year.
Recommended For You:
- Best Laptops for University Students and Why You Need Them
- Top 10 Prestigious Universities in Africa
- Tips on How to Prepare for Scholarship Interviews
- How to Identify Fake Scholarship Offers: A Comprehensive Guide
- Helpful Tips to Avoid Getting Distracted by Social Media While Studying
- 10 Bizarre Laws in Foreign Countries You Won’t Believe Exist
- 16 Most Complicated Languages for English Speakers to Learn
- How to Win the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
- How to Write NOUN Industrial Training/SIWES Report (Logbook)