www.fsbn.com.ng – Federal Scholarship Board Application Form Portal : This is to inform the general public that the 2020/2021 Federal Government Scholarship Awards Computer Based Test (CBT) is now available online via the fsbn.com.ng scholarship portal for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) scholarship and Nigerian Award Scholarship (NA) for 2020/2021 Tenable in Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions for Nigerians.
The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is a Department of the Federal Ministry of Education headed by a Director, as the Secretary of the Board. It has no Governing Board as the name/nomenclature suggests.
The 2020/2021 Federal Scholarship Board portal is open for all eligible Nigerians to apply.
Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA)
BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA) SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBLE FOR:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2018 & 2019) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2019) only. Age limit is from 18 to 20 years
POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
NIGERIAN AWARD SCHOLARSHIP (NA) FOR 2020/2021 TENABLE IN NIGERIAN PUBLIC TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS FOR NIGERIANS.
THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NIGERIAN AWARD ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Applicants for Postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of first degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division.
Applicants must be a registered Full – time student of Federal or State Universities.
All other applicants, Undergraduate (UG), Higher National Diploma (HND) and National Certificate of Education (NCE) must be a registered Full –time student and in his/her second year or above ( e.g. Level 2,3,4 etc, HND 2 or NCE 2,3) in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education .
All Undergraduate Scholarship applicants (Physically Challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a Five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a seven (7) point scale.