TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020/2021: Applications are invited from young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) for the TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme, 2020/2021. The deadline for submission of applications is 31st July 2020.
The fellowship is for young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in physical sciences in departments and laboratories of the National Centre for Physics (NCP) in Islamabad.
Table of Contents
TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the National Centre for Physics (NCP) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months in one of the following fields of physics: Plasma Physics, High Energy Physics (Experimental and Theoretical), Quantum Information, Applications of Ion Beam Techniques using Tandem Accelerator (5MV), Earthquake Studies, Atomic Physics & Spectroscopy, Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Modeling, Simulation & Computing, Astrophysics & Cosmology, Nano Sciences (Catalysis & Surface Sciences, Nano Material Fabrication & Applications, Nano Biotechnology, Nano Medicines), Vacuum Science & Technology (Vacuum Standards, Vacuum Coating & Material), and Radiation-Matter Interaction, Material Science and Nanotechnology.
TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Eligibility.
- Applicants must be permanent residents in a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- Apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
- Provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from NCP. Requests for acceptance must be sent to the Director of the Collaboration & Academic Activities Department (CAAD) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting the Director, CAAD, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with a copy of their CV and a research proposal outline.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Benefits.
NCP will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
How to Apply TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme.
Register online at http://onlineforms.twas.org/apply/130
Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from NCP when applying, or by the deadline at the latest.
Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.