British Council GREAT Scholarships 2020 for Postgraduate Degree: If you are a citizen of Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Thailand, who is dreaming of studying for a postgraduate degree in the UK, but need help funding your studies – find out more about GREAT Scholarships.
GREAT Scholarships offers eight scholarships from UK universities, across a variety of subjects for students from eligible countries. Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course.
Find out about GREAT Scholarships for students from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Thailand, Nepal, Mexico, Malaysia, Kenya, Indonesia, India, Ghana, Egypt, China and Bangladesh. There are nine postgraduate scholarships available for the 2021-22 academic year.
The scholarships are jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
List of Institutions Available for British Council GREAT Scholarships 2020
For the 2021-22 academic year there are postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Kent
- University of Warwick
- Bournemouth University
- University College London
- University of Bristol
- University of Reading
British Council GREAT Scholarships Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Thailand.
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate (taught) programme in a UK university
- be motivated and academically able to follow a UK postgraduate course
- active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK university
How to Apply British Council GREAT Scholarships 2020.
1. Filter the universities listed by Egypt on the ‘find a scholarship’ page and click on the university page to access detailed information about the scholarships on offer.
2. Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
3. The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
4. Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
5. Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
Deadline: varying by institution.