NLNG Post Primary Scholarship Award 2022 To Study in UK: Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) is now accepting applications from high performing basic five or six pupils for its 2022/2023 Post-Primary Scholarship Award. The deadline for submission of applications for the NLNG post-primary scholarship award is April 18, 2022.
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) invites applications from interested and qualified Primary school pupils for its 2022/2023 POST PRIMARY SCHOLARSHIP AWARD.
Nigeria LNG Limited remains focused on education and human capital development as areas of special significance, because these two areas are intrinsic and fundamental to national development.
NLNG has three main levels of scholarship schemes: Post Primary, Under-Graduate and Post Graduate to encourage academic excellence and support human capital development in Nigeria.
The scheme seeks to support high-performing Basic Five and Six pupils through secondary school education.
Prospective pupils are admitted to the scheme through the application on the company’s website based on advertised criteria. A selection test is then conducted to place the best top candidates onto the scheme.
This scheme was launched in October 2012 with an annual intake of 15 beneficiaries to study in leading UK universities. The value of the scholarship is USD67,500 per awardee per study. Actual spend per awardee however ranges from USD45,000 to USD67,500, depending on the course of study.
The scheme covers these areas of study: Environmental Studies, Engineering, Management, Accountancy, Economics, Information Technology, Geology, Banking, Law and Medicine.
The 2019 awardees have commenced their programmes in various UK universities. 78 persons have so far benefited from the scheme with a total expenditure of N1.308b ($4.27m).
NLNG Post-Primary Scholarship Eligibility
The prospective beneficiary must:
- A prospective beneficiary must:
- Be an indigene of any of the NLNG host communities
- Be a Basic 5 or 6 pupil
- Provide his/her Basic Five result sheet
- Provide an attestation letter stamped & signed by the Head Teacher of his/her current school (contact telephone number of the Head Teacher
must be stated in the letter)
- Provide an indigene confirmation letter signed by the CDC Chairman or Chief in his/her community
- Provide a letter of identification from his/her Local Government Council
- Provide a recent passport-sized photograph without glasses (photo taken not earlier than January 2022)
- Not be a child or ward of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
- Not be more than 12 years of age
How to Apply for NLNG Post-Primary Scholarship
Interested persons should follow the link below to apply:
- Visit https://www.nigerialng.com/.
- Click on the “Social Performance” menu to select “Education” from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the Post Primary Scholarship application link on the Related Links section of the page to access the application portal
- Click on “Register Here” to create a profile and commence the application process
Apply Before: April 18, 2022.
Please note that:
- All requested documents must be uploaded. Incomplete attachments may lead to disqualification of application
- Applicants must fill in valid contact details (email and telephone number) as these will be used to communicate the status of the application
- Applicants are advised to check their email boxes regularly for information on the status of their application
- Application will be disqualified for falsification of documents and non adherence to advertised criteria
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for the Selection Test
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Other Terms and Conditions apply.