Australia Awards Scholarships 2021/2022 for Developing Countries: Another application round for the Australia awards scholarships is now open. Awards aimed at students and professionals from developing nations across the globe. You can access the opportunity by checking if you are eligible and know the application date range for your country.
Australia Awards Scholarships programme is administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is aimed contributing to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Scholarships to be taken at: Australian Universities/Institutions.
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded Scholarships
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters and Short Courses).
Scholarship Worth/Allowance: Fully-Funded.
Subject Eligibility: All subject areas.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Developing countries
Australia Awards Scholarship 2021/2022 | DETAILS
Australia awards scholarship opportunities are provided to people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
- Applications are accepted from students of developing countries
- Applicants should be enrolling for a masters degree study programme in an Australian public university
- Applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
- Scholars are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the scholar incurring a debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarship.
- Also check country specific eligibility for all participating countries (link below).
- These eligibility tips will also be useful.
The Awards Benefits
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- full tuition fees
- return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- establishment allowance—a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
How to Apply Australia Awards Scholarships 2021/2022 for Developing Countries
You can apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2021/2022 in two ways as detailed in the how to apply page;
- Applying Online: Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). When you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be given a unique registration number, username and password.
- Applying by Email: If you are unable to submit your application online, you can apply by mail. Please check your participating country profile for contact details to obtain a hard-copy application form and any other templates such as referee reports (if applicable).