Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Summer Program 2020: Korean Government is now accepting applications from students from Africa and Latin America for its 2020 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Summer Program. See the requirements and how to apply for the scholarship below.
This program is designed to provide students from Africa and Latin America with an in-depth academic training as well as an opportunity to experience Korean culture in order to nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society.
A total of 80 undergraduate students (40 from Africa, 40 from Latin America) will be selected for the scholarship. They will spend five weeks between July and August.
GKS Summer Program Eligibility.
- Applicants should be a citizen of African or Latin American countries;
- Be enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate student in the university/college in Africa and Latin America;
- Be fluent in English. Priority will be given to the applicants with Korean fluency;
- Be mentally and physically healthy;
- Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea.
GKS Summer Program Benefits.
- NIIED and/or the training institutions will be responsible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler’s insurance.
- Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in his/her country, visa fee, etc.
Global Korea Scholarship Summer Program Selection Criteria.
The scholarship recipients will be selected based on grades (GPA), proficiency in English or Korean, personal statement, recommendation letters, and etc.
How to Apply Global Korea Scholarship Summer Program 2020.
NIIED nominates universities for program management. The designated universities recommend selected candidates to NIIED and NIIED selects the scholarship recipients. The program applicants must apply directly to the designated universities.