Women Techsters Fellowship 2021 Coding Program for women across Africa: Application are hereby invited from African women in tech to apply for the ongoing 2021 techsters fellowship coding program.
Women Techsters Fellowship is a year-long coding program for young girls and women across Africa. For the next ten years, multiple cohorts will be executed over a 12-month timeline using standardized learning curriculum across five learning tracks. The training is for three months, supported by a six-month internship and enrollment into a mentorship program.
Table of Contents
Only women in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, and Egypt should apply. The Women Techsters Initiative is set out to achieve the following:
1. To empower African women to establish start-ups or technology-enabled businesses to build an entrepreneurial mindset in them.
2. To support women to become digitally enabled, social champions, and owners of businesses
3. To bridge the digital divide between men and women in the technology space while contributing to economic growth
4. To ultimately improve the socio-economy of the African continent by providing skills that will elevate women from poverty
The Fellowship Program is an opportunity for women to upskill and build the capacity needed to access decent work opportunities. The Fellowship will commence on Monday, 8th March 2021 and will run for a year. The first 3 months will be for the technical training, followed by a 2-week soft skill training, and a six-month internship program.
The learning paths for this training are:
- Software Development
- Product Design (UI/UX)
- Product Management
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Engineering
How to Apply for Women Techsters Fellowship.
Fellows will be required to take part in the training to qualify for the internship. Kindly proceed to fill the form if you can commit to the training schedule.
The Women Techsters initiative, an initiative of Tech4Dev is aimed at bridging the digital and technology knowledge divide between men and women as well as ensuring equal access to opportunities for all. We are empowering girls and women across Africa with varying degrees of digital, deep tech and soft skills required within the technology ecosystem. Our objective is to grow and support an army of tech empowered girls and women across Africa who will have equal access to decent job opportunities as well as build and scale their ideas into tech-enabled businesses and deep tech startups, which will aid Africa’s economic growth.
- To provide the prerequisite knowledge and insight needed to enable girls and women interested in careers in technology access the right learning opportunities
- To enable girls and women gain access to decent jobs within the technology ecosystem
- To empower girls and women with the right skills needed to create, grow and scale their own technology-enabled businesses and deep tech startups, while providing them with a strong entrepreneurship support structure within their respective communities across Africa