Tejumola Olaniyan Creative Writers-in-Residence Fellowship 2022: The Africa Institute is calling for applications from creative writers including novelists, short story writers, playwrights, poets and scriptwriters related to Africa and the African diaspora for its 2022 Tejumola Olaniyan Creative Writers-in-Residence Fellowship. The deadline for the submission of applications is 28th February 2022.
The Africa Institute, as part of its African Languages and Translation Program, announces the Tejumola Olaniyan Creative Writers-in-Residence Fellowship. This residency program is created in honour of the late Nigerian Professor Tejumola Olaniyan and his remarkable intellectual legacy in the field of African literature and critical theory. The residency program welcomes applications from creative writers including novelists, short story writers, playwrights, poets and scriptwriters related to Africa and the African diaspora for a grant of 45,000 AED in total.
Table of Contents
Tejumola Olaniyan Creative Writers-in-Residence Fellowship 2022
- JAMB Registration Form 2022/2023 Guidelines & Instructions
- JAMB Subject Combinations 2022 For All Courses (UTME/DE)
- 2022 JAMB Registration Requirements For UTME & DE Candidates
- JAMB Rejects NABTEB A’Level As Entry Requirement for DE Admission
- UNILAG Postgraduate Students Registration Guidelines 2021/2022
- Kwararafa University Wukari Admission List 2021/2022
- African Union (AU) Recruitment 2022 [6 Positions]
- UI Distance Learning (ODeL) Admission Form 2021/2022
- CDFIPB Shortlisted Candidates 2022 Latest News Today (NSCDC)
- FUTO Pre-Degree Admission List 2021/2022 | 1st Batch
- Federal Poly Kaura Post UTME Form 2020/2021 [ND Full-Time Courses]
- Borno State University (BOSU) Cut-Off Mark 2021/2022
- Npower Registration Portal 2022 – https://npower.fmhds.gov.ng/signup
- Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-Uku Post UTME Form 2021/2022
Tejumola Olaniyan Fellowship Eligibility
- Open to creative writers including novelists, short story writers, playwrights, poets and scriptwriters related to Africa and the African diaspora.
- The proposed project can be in Arabic or English (other languages will be considered). The residency invites recipients to Sharjah, UAE for a period of three months to complete their work.
Tejumola Olaniyan Fellowship Selection Criteria
All applications will be reviewed by The Africa Institute through a committee of peers of well-known writers. Three recipients will be chosen based on the quality of their proposal, and the demonstrated feasibility of completion within the timeframe of the residency.
How to Apply for Tejumola Olaniyan Creative Writers-in-Residence Fellowship
Applications must include:
- CV/résumé of the applicant
- A two-page narrative of the project to be undertaken during the residency period, its significance, and a proposed date of completion.
- A sample of published or unpublished writings.
To submit applications, compile all application materials; CV/résumé, two-page narrative and writing sample (in case of a book, kindly attach separately) into one single PDF in the mentioned order. Name the file with the residency title abbreviation and the applicant’s name in this format: TOCWRP_LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME. Use the same name in the email subject heading and send the PDF as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.