Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) 2021 for Unemployed Graduates: The Nigerian Government is now accepting applications from unemployed fresh graduates for its 2021 Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP). The deadline for the submission of applications is October 20, 2021.
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) is a youth empowerment partnership initiative between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- 1 Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) 2021 for Unemployed Graduates.
- 2 Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) Eligibility
- 3 Benefits of Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP)
- 4 Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) Selection Criteria
- 5 How to Apply for Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP)
Rising unemployment and the COVID-19 pandemic are all impacting the ability of young Nigerians to find work. The programme seeks to connect talented graduates with local job opportunities that apply their expertise while equipping them with world-class practical knowledge and relevant skills. It does not matter if you have no job experience!
9 things to know about the NJFP scheme:
- Registration for the first cohort has begun.
- The NJFP is a youth empowerment partnership initiative between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Programme.
- As a fully paid post-National Youth Service Corps work placement programme, NFJP would provide an opportunity for mentors who were already engaged in various industries, gained relevant experience and built capacity over the years to provide mentorship and support for young Nigerians.
- The aim of the programme is to create new opportunities for 20,000 recent graduates annually as the beneficiaries will use the opportunities presented to them and maximize their 12 months of engagement.
- Job experience is not required for participants to benefit from the programme.
- The programme serves all of Nigeria – from North to South and East to West – ensuring that organisations and youth from all corners of the country can participate.
- Host organisations can also apply, to enable them to offer mentorship to the fellows.
- Corporate Affairs Commission Certificate of Registration is required for host organisations to apply.
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of ₦100,000 paid by the Jubilee Fellows Programme subject to achieving planned results for each month.
Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) Eligibility
- Be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline — not earlier than 2017.
- Graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) and above.
- Be at most 30 years old.
- Not currently engaged in any employment.
- Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) OR have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment in the chosen career field.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- Have excellent time management and a professional attitude.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits of Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP)
- Fellows will be matched with host organisations based on their interests as well as those aligned to the organisation
- They will receive a monthly stipend from NJFP
- 3 clear pathways are available for the Jubilee Fellow at the end of their active engagement in the fellowship:
- High performing Jubilee Fellows may go on to be retained by their respective host organisations.
- Fellows with interest in entrepreneurship would have garnered sufficient skills and knowledge on the job which will be invaluable as they pursue other opportunities
- With newly acquired on-the-job skills & competencies, experience. exposure and a formidable alumni network which can be leveraged, fellows are better positioned and equipped to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) Selection Criteria
The selection process for fellows is as follows:
- Prospective fellows will submit an application electronically against the criteria through the application page of this site. Applications submitted through any other medium will not be considered.
- Applications will be open for a duration of 6 weeks (with the start and closing dates clearly indicated). Applications will not be received after the closing date.
- Applicants will be required to carefully review the selection criteria before beginning the application process. Only applicants that meet the minimum requirements will be considered for the next stages of the selection process.
- An independent talent management company will review all of the submissions and produce a long list that will proceed to the next stage. Longlisted candidates will undergo a series of aptitude tests and assessments before final selection.
- Given the expected high volume of applicants, the programme will only communicate to successful candidates.
- The application cycle (from submission to selection process including matching to host organisations) is expected to last 12 weeks. In case of any changes, communication to this effect will be made.
How to Apply for Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP)
Both Fellows and Host organizations apply by registering on the Application Form and follow the application steps.
All minimum requirements need to be met and mandatory information provided. Applications are open between 6 September 2021 to 20 October 2021.