IFAO-PCMA Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022/2023 (Stipend available): Applications are open for the IFAO-PCMA Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022/2023. For the fourth time running, the Institut français d’archéologie orientale (IFAO) and the Polish Centre of Mediterranean Archaeology, University of Warsaw (PCMA UW) invite applications for a 16-months Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Cairo.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will be tasked with organizing an international two-day Seminar/Workshop on a subject in relation with Ancient and Medieval Northeastern Africa (Egypt and/or Nubia) and will be charged with the preparation of the conference proceedings’ publication. The fellow is expected to stay in Cairo during the fellowship and divide his/her time equally between the PCMA and IFAO.
- The position is a grant, not an employment position, according to Polish and French regulations. The stipend for the entire period of the Fellowship is 32,000 Euros in total, paid on a monthly basis.
- The applicant must hold a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in a discipline related to the study of Ancient and Medieval Northeastern Africa and/or the Near East for maximum 7 years as of November 15, 2021.
- The Fellowship is open for applicants of all nationalities.
How to Apply for IFAO-PCMA Post-Doctoral Fellowship.
The application will include:
- Cover letter
- Max. 5-page proposal in English outlining the aim and structure of the Seminar/Workshop program, including the names and paper topics of at least four key participants who have agreed to take part in the event. For budgetary reasons the IFAO and PCMA will cover the costs of travel and accommodation of no more than four invited speakers.
- Curriculum vitae, including the list of publications.
- The names and contact information (including emails) for three referees.
Applications should be sent as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before November 15, 2021 by 2:00 PM, Cairo time. Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the subject heading “PCMA-IFAO PostDoctoral Fellowship”.
Deadline: November 15, 2021