HumAngle Accountability Fellowship Programme 2022: HumAngle Media Limited invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for its 2022 Accountability Fellowship Programme. The programme is designed to build the capacity of young people in Nigeria’s conflict-affected communities in the North East. Successful candidates will be provided with monthly stipends.
The HumAngle Accountability Fellowship programme is designed to build the capacity of young people in Nigeria’s conflict-affected communities in the North East, particularly Borno State, Adamawa State, and Yobe State.
HumAngle Media Limited, founded by two Nigerian journalists, Obiora Chukwumba, (PhD) and Ahmad Salkida in March 2020, is a media platform committed to passionate, insightful and objective coverage of insecurity across Africa.
Over the years, insecurity has become the chief driver of mass mortality, economic and state instability in the region, yet it attracts no dedicated coverage from the media. HumAngle is the African Daily Newspaper focused on insecurity and humanitarian values. The reporting from HumAngle is delivered for public and special access in digital print and visual broadcast editions, featuring breaking news, analysis and factual commentary across the Sahel and Lake Chad; the Gulf of Guinea; Niger Delta and the sub-Saharan territories.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Humangle 2022 Accountability Fellowship Programme
We are seeking nine (9) young, passionate individuals resident in these areas to undergo a 6-month fellowship program with us. Fellows will be selected from all senatorial districts in the three states. They will undergo training in the following thematic focus areas:
Accountability and whistleblowing at the grassroots level.
Tracking of funding activities in the humanitarian and security sectors.
The prevalence of Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV), as well as how to track and report cases.
The impact of climate change on vulnerable populations and mitigation efforts.
Fellows, to be known as Investigative Champions, will be trained both virtually and physically in their respective state capitals and equipped with the needed knowledge and skills to identify gaps in the humanitarian and security sectors, especially in the areas of service delivery.
The fellowship will run twice a year, each cohort running for six months.
HumAngle Accountability Fellowship Programme Requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is not a requirement, but it is an added advantage.
- Non-graduates must demonstrate exceptional qualities in their application and during the interviews.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate passion in the thematic areas and show a track record of work.
- Applicants who do not have a history of working in the areas must show through their pitch that they have clear-cut plans for such activities in the future.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this fellowship.
- Applicants are required to send in a 500-word pitch detailing a project they wish to undertake as part of the fellowship.
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 30.
- Fellows must be of good moral character and must not have a record of criminal misconduct.
- Fellows must not miss any training schedule or fail to submit a monthly report detailing their activities without informing the facilitators to give them a short grace period.
- Fellows must undertake step-down-training in their respective communities and continue their work on accountability after the programme.
- Fellows will receive monthly training while they implement their respective projects on accountability, tracking of humanitarian and security sector activities and their funding processes, tracking SGBV in communities, and whistleblowing.
- Fellows will be provided with a monthly stipend to support the implementation of their community projects and cover the cost of transportation and data / communication.
- Fellows become freelancers for HumAngle after the duration of the fellowship, if they wish, and will be paid in that capacity each time their work is published.
- Fellows will be awarded certificates at the end of the fellowship.
- Fellows will get referrals from HumAngle for a wide range of opportunities, and outstanding fellows will be invited as facilitators for subsequent cohorts.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2022.
How to Apply HumAngle Accountability Fellowship Programme 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Applications open on March 21, 2022. The deadline for applications is April 4.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on April 14, 2022, and HumAngle will communicate a suitable time for the interview. Final decisions will be sent out by the end of April. The fellowship will begin on May 1, 2022.