Chevening British Library Fellowship 2022/2023: Applications are invited for the Chevening British Library Fellowship 2022-2023. The Fellowship is a collaboration between the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office and the British Library, offering international experts a year-long professional project-based placement. Fellows will have the privilege of working with the extensive library’s collections and benefit from the broad range of professional expertise of library staff.
The British Library is the national library of the UK and one of the world’s greatest research libraries. The British Library’s collection encompasses all fields of knowledge in hundreds of languages, covering 3,500 years from some of the earliest written records to the digital collections of the present day, and range over all formats.
Chevening UK Government Scholarship 2022/2023 (Fully-funded)
Table of Contents
Chevening British Library Fellowship 2022/2023.
As a public-facing, culturally-active research institute, Chevening is pleased to partner with the British Library to bring international experts to the UK to pursue a one-of-a-kind opportunity. The fellowship is funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office.
Theme for the Chevening British Library Fellowship .
For the 2022/2023 academic year, two placements are on offer and will provide fellows with experience in strategic and policy work relevant to a national library. There is one placement per theme.
- Automating the recognition of historical Chinese handwritten texts
- Manuscript Textiles in the Southeast Asian Collections
HONNIF Scholarship 2021/2022 for Undergraduate & HND Students
Benefits of Chevening British Library Fellowship.
- 12-month period of project-based activity at the British Library.
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship.
- Return economy airfare from your home country to the UK.
- Allowance package for fellowship-related activities.
- Up to £1,000 for approved project-related expenses.
- Access to a program of cultural events and activities organised by the FCDO and the Chevening Secretariat.
READ ALSO: US Diversity Visa Lottery Program (DV-2021/2022) Registration Guide
Chevening Fellowship Application Eligibility
- Demonstrate the potential to rise to positions of leadership and influence.
- Demonstrate that you possess the personal, intellectual, and interpersonal attributes reflecting this potential.
- Be a citizen of one of the eligible countries.
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship.
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
- Have significant professional and/or academic research experience (at least five years).
- Be currently employed or a currently enrolled PhD candidate (PhD must not be with a UK/EU or USA university).
- Provide evidence of meeting at least the minimum English language abilities for Chevening Awards.
- Not hold British or dual British citizenship.
- Not be an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee (since July 2016) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
How to Apply for Chevening British Library Fellowship.
This fellowship program will commence in September 2022 and is for a 12-month period of project-based activity at the British Library.
NEXT READ: ASCOEA Registration Deadline for 2nd Semester 2020/2021
- UI-FCE (Special) Oyo Degree Admission List 2020/2021
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic Degree Admission List 2020/2021
- Fidei Polytechnic Academic Calendar 2020/2021 | REVISED
- HUKPOLY Commences New Programmes, Seeks Applications
- Apply Sterling Bank Recruitment Application Form 2021 (2 Openings)
- Mama Cash Spark Fund Grants 2021 (Up to €1,000 to €3,000 per project)
- FCT School of Midwifery Entrance Exam Date 2021/2022 | Basic Midwifery
- PTDF In-Country Scholarship 2021/2022 in Nigerian Federal Universities