GCA/AfDB African Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge 2021: Applications for the Global Center on Adaptation/AfDB African Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge 2021 are now open. The challenge encourages young entrepreneurs, innovators from micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and other youth-led and youth-owned enterprises in Africa, to implement solutions for building resilience and adapting to the adverse impacts of climate change.
The Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) and the African Development Bank (AfDB) have partnered on a joint mission to accelerate climate adaptation action under the African Adaptation Acceleration Program (AAAP). They believe that young people have a crucial role to play in developing and implementing solutions for building resilience and mitigating the adverse impacts of climate change.
Global Center on Adaptation/AfDB African Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge 2021.
- Winners of the YouthADAPT challenge will be awarded a business grant of up to $100,000 each as well as the opportunity to further scale their businesses through 12-month business support, mentorship, and acceleration program.
Enterprises must be:
- Youth-led with applicants aged between the ages of 18 and 35 years;
- Delivering climate adaptation or resilience solutions addressing real-life challenges;
- Legally registered and operating in Africa;
- Able to show revenues for at least two years.
50% of the enterprises supported will be women-owned or women-led.
How to Apply for GCA/AfDB African Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge.
The deadline for application is October 6, 2021. For enquiries, contact email@example.com.
Deadline: October 6, 2021