Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) 2022/2023: Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) for students who are pursuing their Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
The Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) supports short-term research attachments for top international students at A*STAR, giving you the unique opportunity to experience the vibrant scientific environment in A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia, and work with distinguished and world-renowned researchers.
This award is eligible for students who are pursuing their Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees. If you’re considering PhD studies in A*STAR, do apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) programme.
ELIGIBILITY | SINGA 2022
1. Open for application by international students in Biomedical Sciences and Physical Science and Engineering related disciplines who are undergraduate students in their third or fourth year, or Master students
2. The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Benefits of Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) Programme.
- Awardees are provided with the following during their attachment in Singapore: Monthly stipend of $1,500
- A report detailing the student’s experience and research project is required to be submitted to A*GA 3 weeks before completion of attachment.
How to Apply for Singapore International Award (SIPGA).
For attachments from FY2021, interested students should undertake a 4-5 month attachment at A*STAR.
Please refer to the following timeline:
|Student to submit application for attachment opportunities by|
|From May 2022||15th November 2021|
|From July 2022||15th February 2022|
|From November 2022||15th June 2022|
|From March 2023||15th October 2022|
Students interested in pursuing an attachment at A*STAR Research Institutes (RI) under the SIPGA programme should complete this application form for shortlisting by the RI. For attachment opportunities at the Bioinformatics Institute (BII), Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS), and/or NanoBio Lab (NBL), interested students should email the following RI coordinators directly for placement.
Please include the following supporting documents in the submission of the application form/ email:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Educational transcripts/certificates
|Research Institute||Contact Person|
|Bioinformatics Institute (BII)||Ms Koh Kok Mei
Phone: +65 6478 8341
|Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS)||Ms Ong Yan Ting
Phone: +65 6808 8003
|NanoBio Lab (NBL)||Ms Nor Azzah Bte Isnin
Phone: +65 6824 7042
Students are encouraged to find out more about the capabilities and areas of research of the RI here.
Shortlisted students will be contacted by the identified RI supervisor/ HR for nomination.
Contact Information: Please contact us at email@example.com if you have further queries.