Call For Case Studies: Reproductive Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) 2021: The Medical Concierge Group (TMCG) in conjunction with The Population Reference Bureau (PRB), under the Policy, Advocacy, and Communication Enhanced for Population and Reproductive Health (PACE) project supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is soliciting case studies of innovations across a range of digital and technology interventions to enhance Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH)/ family planning programs in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA), to be included in the far-reaching Digital Health Compendium.
The compendium will also highlight digital tools and solutions that have provided critical support in the continuity of access and utilisation of RMNCAH services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Digital Health Compendium will give policymakers insightful data for decision support on the real-world application of digital health in RMNCAH programs by highlighting promising practices, challenges, and other lessons that can be applied to current and future programs.
In addition, the shared case studies in the Compendium can be adopted for scale-up by different implementing partners in the delivery of RMNCAH services, particularly Family planning interventions within their local context.
Objectives of RMNCAH 2021
To curate and share past and present digital/technology innovations in the RMNCAH landscape with a focus on Sub Saharan Africa.
I) To identify and solicit research and implementation details from organizations, countries, or individuals engaged in digital health or technology-enabled RMNCAH projects in Sub-Saharan Africa.
II) To curate the RMNCAH digital or technology-enabled case studies into a compendium in an easily accessible and shareable form for implementing organizations, academics, policymakers, and funding agencies.
RMNCAH Application Eligibility.
- Government and private-sector institutions
- International organizations
- Developmental Agencies
- Research Organizations
- Community-Based Organizations (CBOs)
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Implementing Partners (IPs) for projects leveraging digital health to support RMNCAH Interventions, with a focus on family planning.
- All levels of implementation above ideation: pilots, scale-up, and geographical scope within Sub Saharan Africa are eligible.
- Implementation site/location: Sub Saharan Africa. Organizations leveraging digital health to support RMNCAH outside Sub Saharan Africa are also encouraged to make submissions.
How to Participate in the Reproductive Maternal Newborn Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) Programme.
Fill out and submit the Case Study Form.
The deadline for submissions is September 15th, 2021 (Midnight EAT).
1. World Health Organization (WHO) Classification of Digital Health Interventions: https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/260480.
2. WHO Digital Health Atlas: https://digitalhealthatlas.org/en/-/
3. Project Support or Engagement with the Country Digital Health Enabling Environment Building Blocks: https://www.itu.int/pub/D-STR-E_HEALTH.05-2012
4. Country Digital Health Information System Components:
For inquiries, contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org