The Orange Knowledge Programme gives Dutch education institutions the opportunity to offer scholarships to mid-career professionals from eligible countries, to study in the Netherlands.
The International Action Learning MBA programme is ideal for the busy manager considering a part-time, distance learning MBA. With the MBA structure, you can save time on your studies as all your projects are real-time work place based, meaning that you use a portion of your time at work to focus and implement your projects to resolve real-life problems.
The International MBA Programme, the work-study-travel MBA Solution by Business School Netherlands; a blended learning programme, combining virtual class (online) and residential conferences in the Netherlands or South Africa. Ideal for the business traveller considering a distance learning MBA, yet wishing to maintain regular student and faculty contact.
The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) is fully funded by the Dutch Government. Applicants from 52 OKP countries are now able to apply for this fantastic MBA opportunity through Business School Netherlands.
RELATED LINKS: UNIBEN Recruitment 2020
- Enugu State Water Corporation Recruitment 2020
- www.ndaapplications.net – NDA Application Portal Latest News
- IKEDC Recruitment 2020
- Paystack Nigeria Recruitment 2020
- DCSL Shortlisted Candidates 2020
- ICPC Shortlisted Candidates 2020 Latest Updates Today
- ICPC Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2020
Benefits for your institution
The Orange Knowledge Programme gives you the opportunity to create an international classroom where students and staff can learn from each other. It also allows you to create sustainable professional partnerships with organisations in Orange Knowledge countries.
As an education institution you get a fixed reimbursement, which includes visa, travel and insurance costs, study materials and a handling fee. It also includes 95% of tuition fees for each selected student. You cover the remaining 5% of the tuition fee yourself.
Business School Netherlands Orange Knowledge Programme Participation Criteria.
Which institutions can participate?
Your organisation can participate if it:
- has signed the Code of Conduct international students, or is included in the list of additional knowledge centres;
- will deliver the course itself; intermediary organisations cannot participate;
- has sufficient organisational and financial means.
What are the course criteria?
The courses need to meet the following criteria:
- The maximum duration for master’s programmes is 24 months.
- The duration of short courses should be between 12 – 365 days.
- All courses must end on or before 31 August 2022.
- The course or programme should be full-time (this does not apply to e-learning courses).
- The course or programme needs to take place either in the Netherlands or needs to be carried out by a Dutch institution in an OKP country.
- The course or programme needs to be taught in English, French or Spanish.
- Master’s programmes need to be accredited.
In addition, the start date of the course or programme needs to be within a specified period; this varies per grant application round:
- Round 1 – for all masters and short courses
Both masters and short courses should start between 28 July and 23 November 2020.
- Round 2 – for 1-year masters and short courses
Masters should start between 24 November – 27 July 2021 and have a maximum duration of 1 year, Short coures should start between 24 November – 22 February 2021.
- Round 3 – short courses only
Courses should start between 23 February – 27 July 2021.
What is your role in the Business School Netherlands Orange Knowledge Programme 2020?
As an education institution you are responsible for all communication and administration for the scholarship programme. This means that you need to provide students with all the information and relevant documents:
Also, you are responsible for distributing the application link to candidates.
As an education institution you are the ‘grant recipient’. You are responsible for paying the selected individual scholarship holders.
You can find all the details of your responsibilities in the grant conditions:
Grant obligations and conditions for individual scholarships (528.0 kB)
Country budget and candidates for Business School Netherlands Orange Knowledge Programme 2020.
What is the budget?
The maximum total budget for Round 1 – 2020 is € 14,715,000 for master’s scholarships and € 4,238,000 for short course scholarships.
For this round the following budget division applies:
- Full programme countries: 55%
- Compact Plus programme countries: 30%
- Compact programme countries: 15%
When a new application round opens, we will specify on this page what the budget and division is for that round.
Which candidates can you nominate?
The scholarships are open to mid-career professionals who are nationals of – and living and working in – the countries participating in the Orange Knowledge Programme.
You can find the number of candidates you are allowed to nominate in Delta after the opening of the application round. The number of nominations is based on the following criteria:
- the available grant budget for the application round;
- the available grant budget for each country category;
- the average costs of a scholarship;
- the number of scholarships that were awarded to an institution in previous application rounds.
We would like to emphasise that we want to stimulate participation and nomination of candidates from Francophone countries. There is extra budget available for Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Palestinian Territories, Ethiopia, Nigeria and the Francophone countries Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger.
How to Apply Business School Netherlands Orange Knowledge Programme 2020.
Check if the programme you want to offer meets the above criteria.
Register the course in Hodex/Studiekeuze 123 before the date specified below. Make sure you indicate that the course is open for OKP scholarship holders.
- Deadline Round 1: 14 January 2020
Once you have received a notification email, check the course details in Delta through the link sent in the email. Update if necessary. See the Delta user manual for instructions:
Delta user manual for Dutch institutions (1.3 MB)
- Deadline Round 1: 4 February 2020 at 16.00 CEST
Check your website to make sure you link to all our latest OKP documents for candidates. Also, promote the scholarship on your website.
Once candidates have registered for the course at your institution, send your students a link to the application page in Delta, to apply for the scholarship. Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria of the scholarship programme.
- Round 1 registration opens: 5 February 2020
- Round 1 registration closes: 24 March 2020 at 16.00 CEST
Process all the applications following the instructions in the Delta manual above. Make sure you do this before the deadline, otherwise your students will not be considered for a scholarship.
Nominate your candidates and submit the applications before the deadline.
- Deadline Round 1: 7 April 2020 at 16.00 CEST
The applications are sent to the embassies for assessment. The embassies will keep the priorities and focus areas for the Orange Knowledge Programme for their countries in mind while doing this assessment. This process takes about 3-4 weeks.
Assessment questions individual scholarships Orange Knowledge (88.2 kB)
- Embassy check finished Round 1: 19 May 2020 at 16.00 CEST
See the step-by-step guide for embassies and consulates
Delta User Manual for Embassies Individual Scholarships Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) (1.2 MB)
We will make a final decision, after the embassies have made their assessment. This takes another week.
About 2 weeks after our final decision, you will receive the official grant award letter with the overview of selected applicants.
- Final grant award letters Round 1: 4 June 2020
Provisional dates 2020
The Orange Knowledge Programme usually has 3 scholarship application rounds per year. Starting in 2020, we will be numbering the rounds as to simplify communication and avoid confusion.
- Course registration in Hodex (institutions): 14 January 2020
- Course details check in Delta (institutions): 21 January – 4 February 2020 16.00 CEST
- Applications (students): 5 February – 24 March 2020 16.00 CEST
- Nomination of applicants (institutions): 7 April 2020 16.00 CEST
- Eligibility check & assessment (embassies): 7 April – 19 May 2020 16.00 CEST
- Selection done/Grant letters: 4 June 2020
Awarded master programmes and short courses must start between 28 July and 23 November 2020. Due to the end date of the Orange Knowledge Programme, all courses must end on or before 31 August 2022.
- Course registration in Hodex (institutions): 21 April 2020
- Course details check in Delta (institutions): 28 April – 12 May 2020 16.00 CEST
- Applications (students): 13 May – 30 June 2020 16.00 CEST
- Nomination of applicants (institutions): 14 July 2020 16.00 CEST
- Eligibility check & assessment (embassies): 14 July – 18 August 2020 16.00 CEST
- Selection done/Grant letters: 8 September 2020
Awarded master programmes must start between 24 November 2020 and 27 July 2021. Awarded short courses must start between 24 November 2020 and 22 February 2021.
Due to the end date of the Orange Knowledge Programme, only master programmes with a maximum duration of 12 months can participate in Round 2. All courses must end on or before 31 August 2022.
- Course registration in Hodex (institutions): 11 August 2020
- Course details check in Delta (institutions): 20 August – 1 September 2020 16.00 CEST
- Applications (students): 2 September – 13 October 2020 16.00 CEST
- Nomination of applicants (institutions): 27 October 2020 16.00 CEST
- Eligibility check & assessment (embassies): 27 October – 24 November 2020 16.00 CEST
- Selection done/Grant letters: 15 December 2020
This deadline applies to short courses only. Awarded short courses must start between 23 February and 27 July 2021.
Business School Netherlands Orange Knowledge Programme updates
We frequently send out updates to the programme’s participants with important information, such as deadlines, calls and changes. To make sure that you are fully informed, please register to receive these updates.