AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Program 2020 & How to Apply: Applications are invited from eligible researchers for the AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programme 2020. The deadline for the submission of applications is 18th May 2020.
AERC invites its network researchers and faculty to submit an expression of interest to participate in the AERC-World Bank visiting scholars program.
The fellowship program will enable participants to spend time at the World Bank, work on their own research relevant to economic development in Africa, and work with the World Bank’s researchers, especially those in the Africa Region.
AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programme.
The visiting scholars will be expected to be part of the AFRCE team; attend AFRCE-led activities; benefit from capacity-building efforts being organized by AFRCE, including collaboration with scholars and peers doing analytical work on World Bank Regional Flagship Studies; interact with the World Bank’s researchers; fully utilize the World Bank’s resources to:
- Revise their draft paper and submit it to the World Bank Working Paper Series and a ranking Journal;
- Present at least one seminar on their own research while in the program;
- Contribute meaningfully to the World Bank’s Africa Region ongoing research and analytical work; and
- Comply with all other terms and conditions included in their terms of reference and applicable consultancy contract.
AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Program Eligibility.
- Applicants must be an AERC researcher, including researchers from the AERC collaborative Ph.D. program (CPP);
- Must have an active AERC research project at least at interim/post field stage or final research paper stage; and
- The research project must be pertinent to the research agenda of the World Bank Africa Region, and imperatives for sustained African development;
- Must have completed a Ph.D. program.
How to Apply AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Program 2020.
The expression of interest by applicants should include:
- A two-page statement of interest;
- A draft paper on a subject pertinent to the research agenda of the Africa Region of the World Bank and
imperatives facing African development;
- If the candidate teaches a relevant course, the curriculum/course materials that you would like to
improve while visiting the World Bank; and
- Copy of your updated curriculum vitae.
Application packages must be emailed to the AERC Research Department via firstname.lastname@example.org. Up to three (3) awards will be announced in 2020. Submit your expression of interest on or before May 18, 2020. Late applications will not be considered.