Post-Doctoral Research Associate Recruitment at Zankli Research Centre, Bingham University: The Zankli Research Centre, Bingham University is now accepting applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the post of Post-Doctoral Research Associate.
The Zankli Research Centre, Bingham University Karu, hereby invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Post-Doctoral Research Associate. Requirements for the position are as listed below:
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate (PDRA)
- Fixed term
- 12 months – extendable depending on funding and performance
- Dr. John Bimba, Ag. Director ZRC, Principal Investigator
- Academic support to implement research studies on COVID-19 and Tuberculosis. Support the project management team, including day to day running of all aspects of the study, liaison with PSI/Society for Family Health (SFH), other ZRC partners, and write up reports.
Qualification and Eligibility Criteria.
- MBBS or BSc
- MPH or MSc in Medical Microbiology, public health or epidemiology
- PhD, or equivalent higher Postgraduate degree
Purpose of the Post
- To lead and manage research projects to enhance access to COVID-19 tests, isolate, care and treat interventions within healthcare systems in Nigeria, specifically in diagnostics and linkage to care treatment of mild and moderate cases of COVID-19. To contribute to the research activities of ZRC, with a focus on COVID-19 and/or tuberculosis diagnosis.
- Co-supervision of other researchers, liaising with SFH, submitting relevant regulatory documents to appropriate institutions, leading on all day-to-day management of the study, lead on write up of reports.
This is an academic position to contribute to the implementation of internationally funded research studies on COVID-19 and tuberculosis. You would contribute to the research activities of the center but will maintain a focus on agreed studies.
To be responsible for setting up and managing ZRC research studies, including:
- Working with other researchers, including allocating work duties, ensuring quality of work is at the required level and expectations.
- Preparation and submissions of protocols for ethical approval. Liaising and contributing to meetings between the Research Team members.
- Preparing research protocols and update standard operating procedures, as necessary.
- Liaising with the ZRC PI and research team members, setting up meetings.
- Leading on write up of reports to funders.
- Preparing dissemination and impact activity and materials, attending, and presenting in conferences. Oversee data management and analysis and support the interpretation of data.
- To contribute to writing, submission and revision of manuscripts to be published in appropriate peer- reviewed journals, collaborating with others as necessary.
- To contribute guiding and giving direction to other research staff.
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Principal Investigator.
- To undergo continued personal professional development
- The duties listed are not exhaustive and may be varied from time to time as dictated by the Principal Investigator. The post holder will be expected to undertake other duties as appropriate and as requested. The post holder may also be required to work at any of the locations at which the research is conducted.
Note: Duties and responsibilities may be amended by the Principal Investigator as necessary, in consultation with the post-holder.
Internal and external relationships:
- The post holder will be expected to liaise with members of staff within the university/departments and College, academics in other institutions and, where relevant, industrial, or professional contacts.
- The remuneration for the Post-Doctoral Research Associate is as contained in the Grant for the position.
How to Apply for Post-Doctoral Research Associate Recruitment at Zankli Research Centre Bingham University.
- Interested Applicants should send their CV to email@example.com on or before Tuesday 3rd December, 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.