COVID-19: ABUAD Resumption Protocol 2020/2021: Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) resumption protocol for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The management of the Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) has released the arrangement for the fresh students’ resumption for the 2020/2021 academic session.
In view of the resumption of fresh students amidst Covid-19 pandemic, it is important that all Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and WHO protocols (use of nose mask, regular hand-washing, use of hand sanitizer and social distancing) are observed especially during students screening and registration.
The following arrangements have been put in place to engender seamless registration:
- Stage 1: Cars are to be parked outside the University Gate and parents are to be seated under the canopies provided for them outside the University.
- Stage 2: Security and Students’ Affairs Unit are to take charge of the students’ luggage, and also device means of identification for proper handling.
- Stage 3: The Medical Team from ABUAD Multisystem Hospital shall make use of the sport pavilion, where all students will undergo Covid-19 antibody (IgM/IgG) screening as well as drug test. (Representative of ICT & Bursary shall work with the medical team
- Stage 4: Registry (Pavilion) is to check the credentials of all fresh students in order to ascertain that all admission requirements are fulfilled.
- Stage 5: Colleges (Pavilion) – The screening team of the colleges are to be seated behind the pavilion to welcome and double check the credentials of their students.
- Stage 6: ICT and Bursary units are to attend to students under the canopies inside the campus.
- Stage 7: The Senior House Keeper and the Hall Warden in charge of hostel accommodation will seat in front of the pavilion to endorse already selected online hostel space allocations.
- Stage 8: Checking of students’ luggage by security
- Stage 9: Students are conveyed by buses to their hostels
Please Note: that ABUAD staff shall use the second gate only during the students’ resumption (Freshers & Returning).