HAW Hamburg Masters Scholarship 2021/2022: The scholarships for exceptional social commitment are awards of at least € 1,800 and are granted for one semester.
International students are here invited to apply for a number of scholarships to ease their study in Germany. These scholarships are open and put in place to encourage exceptional social commitment in international activities on campus.
HAW Hamburg awards up to five scholarships per semester to international students who demonstrate exceptional social commitment in international activities on campus. The scholarships are funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Developing sustainable solutions to the societal challenges of today and tomorrow. This is the goal of the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg), northern Germany’s leading applied sciences university when it comes to reflective practice. Our central focus is the excellence of our teaching and our degree courses. Simultaneously, HAW Hamburg is continuing to develop its profile as a research university. People from more than 100 countries help make HAW Hamburg what it is, and our diversity is our particular strength.
Requirements for HAW Hamburg Masters Scholarship.
You can apply for a scholarship for exceptionally committed international students if you fulfil the following criteria:
- You are an international student at HAW Hamburg (i.e. you obtained your higher education entrance qualification abroad or you have successfully completed preparatory studies at a German Studienkolleg).
- Your average grade is at least 2.5.
- You undertake volunteer work (proof required) in an international context at HAW Hamburg – for example, International Office services or events (weBuddy Programme, Welcome Week, Culture Cafe, country evenings, intercultural training sessions, Certificate of International Competencies, language tandems); student initiatives with an international angle (e.g. AIESEC, ESN); in the Students’ Union (ASTA), as a student representative in your department, or in other student bodies with an international component.
- Master’s students: You’ve been studying at HAW Hamburg for at least one semester.
- You are not receiving other HAW Hamburg funding during the scholarship period.
- If your personal income exceeds €850 per month during the funding period, the scholarship amount will be reduced.
How to Apply HAW Hamburg Masters Scholarship
- Once you have gathered all the necessary documents (as directed on the official application page), please upload them to Mobility Online before the deadline. Be sure to allow yourself enough time.
- You’ll be informed about the outcome of your application within four weeks after the deadline.
For more details, visit HAW Hamburg website.
- Summer semester: 30 March each year
- Winter semester: 30 September each year
November 30, 2021