Applications are currently invited from interested and intellectual candidates to apply for Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2023. The Challenge is open to all Fintechs on the African continent.
The selected finalists participate in the Ecobank Fintech Challenge Grand Finale. The ultimate winner for 2023 will be awarded a cash prize of $50,000. All finalists are inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship, which affords them the opportunity to explore deals, integration, and commercial partnership with the Ecobank Group.
- Company/Organisation(s): Ecobank
- Program Location: Across African Continent
- Program Duration: 1 Month and above
- Available Slot: Several
- Basic Qualifications: Graduates
- Nationality: African Nationalities
Ecobank Fintech Challenge ($50,000 Cash Prize) | What to Expect
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge identifies and partners Fintechs that are ready to scale and provides them with support and access to opportunities in Ecobank’s 35 African markets. The goal to contribute to their growth as potential Pan African Fintech success stories.
The Challenge is open to all Fintechs on the African continent. Interested Fintechs can apply by sending details of their product as well as a demo here (Insert link to apply). These products must address one or more of a specific set of pain points which can be found here.
To be eligible for Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2023, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must come from African continent.
- Send in details of your product, along with a demo.
- Your solution should address one or more of the following pain-points:
- Customer Experience
- Financial Inclusion
- Credit Scoring
- Ecosystem Aggregation
- Internal Tools
- Any other relevant product categories
Program Benefits & Opportunities
Ecobank Fintech Fellow will stand a chance to gain the following benefits and opportunities:
- Multinational product rolloutA once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pursue integration with Ecobank and potentially launch products in Ecobank’s over 30 markets across Africa.
- Competition Cash prize
The winner of the Challenge will be awarded a $50,000 no-strings-attached cash prize.
- Service provider partnerships
Start-ups may be selected by Ecobank as local country-level partner in any of Ecobank’s 33 country ecosystem.
- Access to Ecobank’s Pan-African Banking Sandbox
Fellows will be given access to a dedicated team to support Ecobank’s API tests, to enable Ecobank improve their products for the pan-African market.
- Access to Partner Network
Founders will be inducted as Ecobank Fintech Fellows, granting them access and relationships to a vast network of global and African Accelerators, potential Investors, as well as mentors.
- Integration with existing Ecobank digital offerings
The Challenge offers opportunities for Fintechs to potentially integrate with Ecobank’s existing digital offerings. The existing digital offerings include Ecobank Omni, Ecobank electronic financial supply chain(eFSC), Ecobank Xpress, Ecobank Mobile APP or USSD, MasterPass™ QR, mVISA™ & mCash, etc. You can learn more about these platforms here. We will like applicants to pitch us how their solutions can add value to these existing Ecobank digital offerings.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: July 21, 2023