FUTA Pre-Degree Science Admission Form: Applications are now open for the Pre-Degree Science Programme at the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) for the 2023/2024 session. The programme aims to provide further education and training to candidates with requisite qualifications. Admission requires minimum credit passes in specific subjects and fulfilling the university’s admission criteria. Successful completion of the programme can lead to admission into FUTA’s undergraduate programme.
The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), a foremost Nigerian technological education institution, has officially begun accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its Pre-Degree Science (PDS) Programme for the 2023/2024 academic year.
The Programme, hosted by the Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), is an important initiative designed to prepare students with requisite qualifications for further education and training.
SEE ALSO: FUTA JUPEB Admission Form.
Objective of the FUTA Pre-Degree Science Programme
The main aim of the PDS Programme at FUTA is to create an enabling environment for candidates with necessary School Certificate qualifications or its equivalent. This Programme provides a stepping-stone for students to transition smoothly into university-level education, equipping them with the necessary academic and practical skills.
General Admission Requirements
For Pre-Degree Science Admission
Candidates seeking admission into the PDS Programme must possess:
- SSCE/WASSCE/GCE/NECO with a minimum of credit pass in at least five subjects at two sittings, including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. The fifth subject should be relevant to the proposed courses, from Biology or Agriculture Science, Economics, and Geography.
- A pass in Physics is acceptable for the following departments: Estate Management, Industrial Design, Urban and Regional Planning, Agricultural Economics and Extension, Ecotourism and Wildlife Management, Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology, and Crop Soil and Pest Management.
- A pass in Chemistry is acceptable for Architecture.
For University Undergraduate Admission Post PDS
To gain admission into the University Undergraduate Programme after completing the PDS, candidates must:
- Obtain JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) form.
- Choose FUTA as their First choice.
- Obtain a minimum aggregate score of 50% in the PDS final session examination.
- Obtain JAMB’s minimum aggregate score for admission into 100 level and meet the requirements of the University Admission Committee (UAC).
Duration of the Programme
The Pre-Degree Science Programme runs for one academic session, divided into two semesters.
How to Apply FUTA Pre-Degree Science Admission Form 2023/2024
Interested and qualified candidates can proceed to apply through the University’s application portal at FUTA CCE Portal https://cceportal.futa.edu.ng/cceadmissions/welcome.
Contact Information: For any queries, interested candidates can reach out to Mr Alo at 09029572778.
In conclusion, FUTA continues to uphold its commitment to advancing technology and science education in Nigeria through its Pre-Degree Science Programme. It offers prospective students an invaluable opportunity to prepare for their tertiary education journey. The deadline for application is yet to be announced; therefore, prospective applicants are advised to apply as soon as possible.