BUK Masters in Information Technology Law: This is to inform the general public that online sale of the Bayero University, Kano, Postgraduate application forms for the 2021/2022 Academic Session commences on Monday, 23 May 2022 and close on the Monday, 31 July 2023.
The Department of Public Law is introducing a cutting-edge Professional Masters Programme in Information Technology Law (MITL). As the first of its kind, the programme is poised to be a game-changer, set to expose both law and non-law graduates to the rapidly evolving legal aspects of information and communication technology.
A First of Its Kind Programme
BUK’s MITL programme is a pioneer in its field. It’s been carefully designed to offer opportunities for a broad range of graduates to delve into the intricacies of the legalities surrounding information communication technology. Students will gain an in-depth understanding of the interface between law and digital technologies, giving them the skills needed to navigate the increasingly complex digital landscape.
Addressing Societal Needs with ICT
One of the primary aims of the MITL programme is to meet the societal needs for highly skilled manpower capable of addressing the legal challenges that arise from the ever-evolving dynamics of information and communication technology. As our world becomes more and more digitised, the demand for professionals equipped to handle the legal implications of this shift continues to grow. The MITL programme is designed to meet this demand head-on, training its students to be at the forefront of their field.
How to Apply for BUK Masters in Information Technology Law Programme.
- The cost of each application is Twelve Thousand Naira (N12,000.00) only.
- Please ensure that you have the entry requirements of the programme applied for, plus five ‘O’ Level Credits (including English Language and/or Mathematics).
- Applicants for Ph.D/M.Phil and Academic Master’s programmes should ensure that transcripts of their academic records are sent to the School of Postgraduate Studies.
- Applicants for Ph.D/M.Phil programmes should ensure that they submit their research proposal during application.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates can apply for the MITL programme through the BUK’s postgraduate application portal here. The application process is straightforward and user-friendly, designed to ensure a smooth experience for all applicants.
For more in-depth information about the programme, prospective students can visit this page on BUK’s official website. Here, you’ll find a comprehensive overview of the programme’s objectives, curriculum, and requirements, among other essential details.
BUK Masters in Information Technology Law – ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the general admission requirements in paragraphs 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6, more particularly, paragraphs 2.5.1, 2.5.2 and 2.6.2(b) of the 2016 Bayero University General Regulations Governing Postgraduate Studies, an applicant seeking for admission into the Masters in Information Technology Law (MITL) Degree Programme must hold:
- a minimum of second class lower degree from Bayero University, Kano or any other recognized university;
- a Postgraduate Diploma or certificate in addition to a first-degree certificate from Bayero University, Kano or any other recognized university with a minimum of third class (minimum CGPA of 2.00 on the scale of 0.00-5.00);
- a Postgraduate Diploma not below classification of merit from Bayero University, Kano or any other recognized university provided that the conditions prescribed for admission into Postgraduate Diploma Program at Bayero University Kano are satisfied, namely: Must have obtained a Bachelor of Law (LL.B) degree with at least a third class honors degree, (minimum CGPA of 2.00 on the scale of 0.00-5.00), or in the fields of Arts, Engineering, Sciences and Humanities from Bayero University, Kano or any other recognized university with at least a second class honors degree (minimum CGPA of 2.75 on the scale of 0.00-5.00);
- a Masters or Ph.D Degree from Bayero University, Kano or any other recognized university; or
- any other relevant qualification acceptable by the Department of Public Law and the Bayero University Postgraduate School in accordance with the Bayero University, Kano Postgraduate Regulations and Guidelines.
Notwithstanding the above requirements, the Department of Public Law may require applicants for the Programme to undergo a prescribed test in relation to the proposed research work to be undertaken before admission.
Duration of the BUK Masters in Information Technology Law Programme
The Programme shall be for a minimum of two and maximum of four semesters. Provided that the Senate may, in exceptional circumstances, on the recommendation of the Departmental Postgraduate Studies Committee, through the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies, extend a student’s duration of studies for a further period. A candidate whose application for extension or suspension of studies is approved shall have his/her maximum period of studies computed less than the period approved for the extension or request for suspension of studies.
As may be determined by the University.
Enrich Your Career with BUK’s MITL Programme
Whether you’re a law graduate looking to specialise in information technology law, or a non-law graduate intrigued by the intersection of law and digital technologies, BUK’s MITL programme offers a unique opportunity to advance your knowledge and career in this burgeoning field.
Apply today and equip yourself with the knowledge and skills needed to tackle the complex legal issues posed by the rapid growth of information and communication technology. Join the trailblazers at Bayero University, Kano, and become a leader in your field.