Owen Browning Scholarships at the University of Canterbury 2021: Entries are now being received for the University of Canterbury’s Owen Browning Scholarships for study in New Zealand. Applications are invited from qualified and eligible candidates who are passionate about advancing their educational attainment for a master’s or Ph.D. degree course.
The scholarships are provided by the former Hutt Timber Holdings Limited in memory of Late Mr. Owen Browning who played an active role in the development of the New Zealand Timber.
The scholarship shall support postgraduate scholarships who are enrolling for a master’s degree in Environmental science who is wholly supervised by the School of Forestry and also for students enrolling for a Ph.D. degree in Forestry or Forestry Engineering and the scholarship will cover the entire duration of the study programme.
- Scholarships are open to applicants who are international students who have been admitted or who are eligible for admission to postgraduate studies in Forestry at the University of Canterbury.
- Applicants for the Master’s degree scholarship must have obtained a bachelor’s degree in relevant courses from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Applicants for the Ph.D. scholarship must possess relevant master’s degree obtained from a recognized university.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic and leadership capacity and must be willing to interact with people of diverse culture, religion and race.
- Subject Eligibility: Courses in Environmental science, Forestry and Forestry Engineering.
How to Apply for Owen Browning Scholarships.
Applicants are to apply online by completing the 2021 application form for the for the Owen Browning Scholarships at the University of Canterbury.
Applicants are advised to ensure that they provide the required information and upload relevant supporting documents.
Application Deadline: 1st November, 2021